Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hot Chocolate 5k

11/4/12
My family and I ran the hot choclate 5k today in downtown Chicago. The race was fun i had a post injury PR finishing in 41:49 I was really hoping to do it in under 40 minutes but there was a crowd of 40,000 runners so i was ok with those results!!!! Not everything with this race was peachy. It all started friday when we drove to soldier field for packet pick up and had to wait 90 minutes (at least) in the cold. Then once we made it in the tent where is was a little warmer there was still a 15-20 minute wait until we got our packets.


The "goodie bag" consisted of our hoodie, bib, and safety pins!! How is that america's sweetest goodie bag? BUT running away multisport was having a SWEET sale and i got a pair of $110 running shoes for $30, I'll take it!!!!!!! Race day morning went pretty smooth. I felt well rested, had my body by vi shake and we were on the road. Traffic on I55 was a little brutal and trying to get to the parking garage was HORRIBLE! You must know i HATE driving downtown, its just not for me! So we finally park the car and head up to corrals, I was in P.

 Mom, Maureen, and Kole were in S. With Ram racing's system to start the corrals I waited over an hour before i started running by then i felt numb. I wasn't cold because i dressed for the weather i was numb and i took me a while to get in my groove. All in all the race wasnt too bad but I'm not sure i will be signing up again next year :(
I'd rather take my $55 and try a new race!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You did so great!! But all the details surrounding it sure don't sound like fun! :(
    $55 for a 5k? Wow! But at least you got a PR!!

    ReplyDelete