Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Chicago perfect 10k

I know i'm a little late on writing this but i finally had time to sit down with the lap top in front of me. On november 10th i ran the Chicago perfect 10. You had a choice to sign up for the 10k or the 10 miler i chose the 10k. It fit right in place with training for the disney princess half. The race started and finished at Navy Pier and ran along the lake front path or whatever its called, lol. For the race being in November in  Chicago the weather was AMAZING. I was able to wear a running skirt, my compression socks, and a long sleve running shirt ( and yes i ended up being warm in my long sleeves). The race went pretty well the course was congested in a few spots but not too bad and the ankle held up wonderful!!!!! I finished the race in 1:23:23 that was a PR for me shaving almost 6 minutes off my last 10K!!!! Something i was very happy for. I was really hoping to finish in under an hour twenty but a PR is a PR and I'll take it. No race is complete with out some BLING!!!!
And thats what i got a spinner medal to add to my collection. All in all I'd say it was a fun race and I had a great day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment